Sunday, July 26, 2009

Since Cytotron

Cia my guardian is exasperated searching for an MRI to measure my lesion for changes; and a surgeon willing to debulk necrotic tissue.

With respects to the MRI, in the US they all want sedation, and Cia does not want to place me at the inherent risk of general anesthesia, although each doctor that has examined me, since I have arrived (three altogether), express that my lungs sound clear, she is still not comfortable.

Cia did report to Dr. Kumar, in India, (see Cytotron below) her observations that part of my tumor mass that she felt was dissipating where now bone was apparent, where formerly it was not. She feels so good about this! But still treads with optimistic caution.

My lungs worry her and she makes sure I see the doc at least 2x a week. She wakes up several times at night to make sure I am okay. I simply embrace Cia with my tumorous limb over Cia's back so she receives some comfort, that is how I make sure, she finds me every morning when she awakens. A memory she will always cherish, if my body can no longer contain my driven Spirit to Live.

From time to time, she asks me, "Silka do you still want to go on? I don't want you to suffer, Mami!" I give her a stare back and rub my muzzle against her to reassure her, especially when I become whiny at times, that eats away at her. My appetite is great, love my food, and when I snob at something, Cia places my Olive Oil, which I can't resist;-)

In the interim, between the mountain of obligations Cia has; she continues to research, make calls, ask and plea on my behalf. She has found PDT alternative clinical trial that she is seriously considering and is in talks, however the anesthesia element is worrisome. We cannot return to India anytime soon, b/c the expense is so great!

Therefore, to date I receive adjunctive supportive care, hence Dr. Akawi, who has been very supportive to us, provides me with acupuncture to keep me comfortable for as long as he feels it's ethical- he agrees I have a strong will to live. At my guardian's request, I receive safe high doses of Vitamins C via IV as seen below, and B vitamins, to protect my organs and to assure that I am nutritionally sound and hydrated. My bones mortify Cia, ...I simply can't keep the weight on, and I know this causes my Cia untold grief and frustration.

The other day, she was on the phone with a friend crying and said she feared that if she could not find a willing doctor to cooperate the worst would happen; like me, Cia hates giving up, but between means and what is available for persons of a different species than humans, crushes Cia.

Here I am with those who are supportive of my well-being:





No comments:

Post a Comment